Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Killzone 3 Single Player Demo Impressions



I finally had the chance to sit down and check out the Killzone 3 Single Player Demo and I can say that I'm definitely impressed with what I saw for the most part.  Killzone 2 only kept my attention for about a month after I picked it up, but I'm hoping 3 will keep me interested longer.  I came away from the demo feeling like it will probably be a much better game than what we find in Halo or Call of Duty.  Even with an impressive demo, I'll probably not get the game until it's been out a month or two.  The main reason for that is my game backlog is continually growing and I'm honestly not in a rush to get into Killzone 3.

Here are the main points I came away from the demo with:

  • The graphics are definitely more impressive than the original.  If the entire game looks like the demo, we're looking at a game that will be visually grand. 
  • Jetpacks are definitely cool, but I'm not sure how they will be incorporated with multiplayer.  While it's a cool idea, jetpacking in the air is just an easier way to get hit.  
  • I ran out of ammo once during the demo and had to rely on melee attacks to get me to the next area.  While fortunate for me, I came away from it feeling like melee attacks are still way too powerful.
  • The enemy AI seemed a little too easy and predictable.  I was hoping for a smarter enemy this time around.  
  • Even though the demo was just a short preview, it was a lot of fun and filled with fast-paced action. 
  • All in all, the demo leads me to believe that this game will be much better than Killzone 2.  This game might also finally get me to purchase PlayStation Move.   

No comments:

Post a Comment