I finally had the chance to sit down and check out the Killzone 3 Single Player Demo and I can say that I'm definitely impressed with what I saw for the most part. Killzone 2 only kept my attention for about a month after I picked it up, but I'm hoping 3 will keep me interested longer. I came away from the demo feeling like it will probably be a much better game than what we find in Halo or Call of Duty. Even with an impressive demo, I'll probably not get the game until it's been out a month or two. The main reason for that is my game backlog is continually growing and I'm honestly not in a rush to get into Killzone 3.
Here are the main points I came away from the demo with:
- The graphics are definitely more impressive than the original. If the entire game looks like the demo, we're looking at a game that will be visually grand.
- Jetpacks are definitely cool, but I'm not sure how they will be incorporated with multiplayer. While it's a cool idea, jetpacking in the air is just an easier way to get hit.
- I ran out of ammo once during the demo and had to rely on melee attacks to get me to the next area. While fortunate for me, I came away from it feeling like melee attacks are still way too powerful.
- The enemy AI seemed a little too easy and predictable. I was hoping for a smarter enemy this time around.
- Even though the demo was just a short preview, it was a lot of fun and filled with fast-paced action.
- All in all, the demo leads me to believe that this game will be much better than Killzone 2. This game might also finally get me to purchase PlayStation Move.